Friday, May 17, 2013

Recipes: Caramel Macchiato Angel Food Cake

 
 
Who doesn't love a quick and easy recipe?! I know I do! 
 
 
One of my absolute all time favorite cakes is angel food. The light and airy texture of the sweet cake is to die for. There is nothing better on a warm day then angel food cake so when my friend Jane mentioned she wanted to make something with angel food cake I immediately started looking for a quick easy recipe for a spruced up version. Unfortunately, my search for a quick & easy recipe only lead me to only homemade recipes. As much as I love cakes that are made from scratch, angel food required more work then what I was searching for.
 
 
My inspiration was from one recipe I found for a homemade Caramel Macchiato cake. I decided to make, what I like to call, a "semi"-homemade version. It has the perfect amount of coffee flavor and sweetness and the light whipped topping and caramel drizzle is the perfect pairing.
 
 
 
Caramel Macchiato Angel Food Cake
 
 
 

1 Box Angel Food Cake Mix
1 1/4 cup STRONGLY brewed caramel(optional) coffee, chilled
Whipped Topping
Caramel Sauce (We used store bought)
 
 
 
1. Make the cake as directed on the box except instead of using water use 1 1/4 cup strongly brewed coffee.
 
2. After cake has cooled, slice and top with whipped topping and caramel sauce.
 
3. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment