Friday, November 1, 2013

Five on Friday


Alright my lovelies, I decided to do something a little different this week. I'm linking up with The Good Life blog and a few other lovely bloggers for Five on Friday for the first time! It's basically five things that you loved during the week, are looking forward to, or feel blessed with and want to share. 

{One}
Our Halloween party is tonight and I am beyond excited. It is always so much fun planning what C and I  are going to dress up as even though it usually spurs some frustration at some point from both of us. The party itself is always a blast. Seeing what everyone dressed up as and just enjoying having most of our amazing friends in one place is what I really look forward to. Plus having the girls kick a$$ in the games we play every year helps too.

This is a new one we need to try out: 
 


{Two}
A good friend of mine and amazing photographer/blogger, Whitney, announced a few weeks ago that she has a little muffin in the oven and I couldn't be happier for her and her husband. Her husband is in the Army and will be gone for the next year so a little extra support from the blog world is always welcome. I can attest to the fact that she will be a fantastic mom, seeing as how great she is with my boys. Stop by her blog and give her some love!

{Three} 
I started my Christmas shopping this week and I scored some deals that any mom to young kids cannot miss!! The toys pictured below are a few of the gifts I purchased. They retail at $100 and I paid $40 for them all at Target, my absolute favorite store. It's as simple as stacking a manufacturers coupon on a Target coupon and also using Targets Cartwheel app for extra savings. 



{Four} 
Tomorrow, my husband and I are going to watch our nephew run in the state cross country meet. He is a freshman in high school and is already beating kids that are seniors. I can't wait to see how he grows as an athlete over the next 4 years!

{Five} 
As we say goodbye to October we also say hello to the end of fall and beginning of winter around here. The Farmer's Market moves indoors, the windchill drops, we wake up to frost on the grass outside and the chance of snow flurries enters the forecast. As ready as I was to say goodbye to summer and hello to fall, this is not what I wanted to happen. I want to hold onto fall as long as I possibly can. Cross your fingers and pray with me that we don't get snow, or go below 40* during the day, until December!



Have a great weekend!







1 comment: